Monday, January 31, 2011

Getting back to me...

So I and you can become we...
The race is on as the movement for unity becomes more powerful; the rush to be at the forefront of the movement at first seemed to be taking its toll.  There was talk of discordance, division, judgements and pointing of fingers.   The ‘we’ seemed for a moment lost in the ‘I’ and I was at a complete loss as to understand why.  Then after yet another series of potent reminders coming in waves from various sources then reason hit home crashing down on me like a powerful unity wave onto the shores of humanity.  The why in one brief flash (though long harshly learned) moment of insight became ‘why not?’
It is not discord and dissonance, it is diversity and diversity makes up the family we call humanity.  So yes there is a rather big crying out of I but perhaps it might be good to consider that fact that I is the first letter in the great ‘I AM’.
Understanding that ‘I AM’ is me, ‘I AM’ is you, and ‘I AM’ is them; then ‘I AM’ is also us. 
How big is our planet?  How large is the population?  How many different cultures, races, belief systems are held within the boundaries of our current 3 D reality.  Can you count them?  Can you name them?  Do you know them all?
No? Me neither...
Which I think is more than OK; in fact it is exactly how it is meant to be.  For all those who my message does not reach there is I am positive a different source of that same message that does happen to be within ear shot of the ears my message is not able to reach.
Oh yes, it’s true, even though, even though my me is the great ‘I AM’ and your you is also the great ‘I AM’; it is together that our ‘I Am’ becomes the potentially powerful force that imitates change. 
Can one person do it alone?  No, of course not, it was never meant to be that way.  Do we have to work together to shift the movement for change into high gear; of course, but...
Does working together mean doing the same thing at the same time?  No, perhaps not.  What it may mean is me doing my thing (writing) and her doing her thing (painting) and him doing his thing (providing the canvas for us to write and paint on) and when we put all our things together it makes up a magnificent piece of art.  I can’t do your thing, I was never meant to.  It’s not my task, my role, my purpose.  I am here to do my thing so that if your thing does not touch that persons heart maybe my thing well.  It works both ways, by the way, so I am counting on you to keep doing your thing, just in case my thing isn’t enough.
In the end, we are all headed in the same direction, and even if we take a different path to get there that is only so that we have the opportunity to learn from all the incredible people we meet along the way.  When we get to where we are going, we can share out stories and talk about our adventures.  I am willing to bet there will be a lot of “you will never guess who I bumped into back there”.  If we all walked down the same road, let’s face it when we finally stopped walking we would probably not have much left to talk about.
Funny, it took me long enough to figure it out and I am sure you will understand why I am standing here shaking my head.  Unity is not about us all doing or saying the same thing, it is about us embracing and rejoicing in all the different things now being done with the same heart.
Our heart, the heart of humanity made up of many hearts all beating to the same unity drum.  Pounding out a strong base to which all unity songs may be sung and all unity dances may be danced.  Thousands of us, all headed in the same direction, working towards the same thing and shouting the same message.
Does it matter that I do not know your name or that you know mine?  Not to me, because I know you are there, I can feel you, we are after all ONE.
Jean Victoria Norloch
http://www.feenxrising.com/
http://www.feenxrising.ning.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment