Monday, January 31, 2011

Grab the bar with BOTH hands...

It is this basic, this simple and it is this that we wish now for you to understand. All things are one with God; in and of God, though apart from God, still a part of God. God is one with all things; in and of all things, though apart from all things, still a part of all things.
An excerpt from my second novel and most assuredly one of my favorite topics...
How do we define God; is it a far off and distant spirit that watches over us, protects us and guides us or is God in fact a part of us existing at the very core or our being?   Would you humor me with trying a little experiment?
Do me a favor and imagine yourself standing on a trap door - not so hard if you are used to this living thing as by now you have probably noticed that every once in a while the rug does as they say get pulled out from under you...
 Now just above your head is a bar that you can choose to grab at any time should you feel the floor under you starting to give way.  Let’s test the bar... if you have faith in God (The Great I AM) then raise your right hand and grab the bar, it is solid yes?  Ok let go... Now if you have faith in You then raise your left hand and grab the bar, it is no doubt as solid as before.  Now - raise both your hands, grab the bar and while you are hanging there contemplate for a moment how much longer you will be able to hold on now that you are using both hands...
Now my question... What does the bar represent?
It is where you and God (The Great I AM) become one...
Where you join, where you meet, where you touch and come together... This is your safe place... the one thing you can hold onto secure in the knowledge that as long as you don’t let go then you will in fact never fall.  You might at times allow one of your hands to slip but as your other hand also begins to lose its grip instinct will encourage you to put both hands back on the bar.
We were never meant to be apart you see, the Great I AM and I – we are a we, ever interconnected with a deep intimate understanding of each other and our nature.  Just as we are ALL interconnected with each other and all that exists so too are we connected with the Great I AM for it is ALL that exists.
So peaceful that feeling of knowing that your you is an extension of such a vast and powerful source of light, and what strength might be derived from acknowledging that connection.  So important this knowledge and so easily lost and forgotten when faced with our fears and our doubts...
God save me, help me, guide me... and God says no – child save yourself, help yourself, guide yourself – I am with you as I have always been – you need but remember how.
Sound too religious?  Too spiritual? Too deep – ok fine let’s keep it simple...
Why on earth would you use only one hand when you have the option of using two?  Are they not stronger together?  Grab the bar with BOTH...
Jean Victoria Norloch
http://www.feenxrising.ning.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment