Monday, February 14, 2011

Hmmm Valentine’s Day...

What does it mean to me at 12:30 in the morning after yet another long day of multitasking.  I should be tired, I should be laying my head down to rest, I should be dreaming sweet dreams of the man I love; instead I am sitting here writing to you...
Why?
I think it has everything to do with the fact that you also are part of the world that I love, my friends, my readers, my global family and so at the beginning of a day in which we are meant to celebrate love I do what I do best, write about and to the people that I love.
The holiday we celebrate in modern times is nothing even close to the original meaning of the holiday but that is more than ok with me as it also represents the most precious aspect of the world I am so very much in love with, the fact that it is ever changing and expanding.
I am going to skip the history lesson, there is no point really as if you truly wish to discover the roots of this holiday then you have but to type it into to Google and get whatever information you seek.  Instead I am going to talk a little about how I see this holiday in the future...
I see a day when people will no longer need a day to celebrate love, as it will be celebrated through every action of every person on every day of every year.  I see a day when there will be no need for a special day to give attention to those in our lives who we cherish because we will show them through our every action and every deed in every minute of every day.  I see a day when we will be so connected that there will be no need for us to say words to show our love because our love will be felt and understood by all those we meet.  I see a day when the very air we breathe and the beating of our hearts will be our tribute and a testimony of our love for each other not just as couples or friends but as a race of individuals who live their lives in harmony with one another and our planet.  The true beauty of that day I see is that I also see it is not being very far away...
I see that day today, in the way that my friends and family uphold, stand behind, support, and uplift me.  I see that day today in the way that people on face book and within our various social networking sites uphold, stand behind, support, and uplift each other.  I see that day today in the mutually respectful relationships that we have built with each other, not only as friends and lovers but as strangers who share a common interest of spreading a message of love to our world.  
So I say to you that is Valentine’s day is meant to represent our love for one another then we should acknowledge that it did not start at midnight tonight, it started ages ago and if we are to truly honour all that it is meant to represent we should also accept that this day should never end...
My love to you all,
Jean Victoria Norloch

No comments:

Post a Comment